Powered By Blogger

Friday 18 April 2014

Glory of the Cross!

Good Friday is a day of solemnity, a day of remembrance, a day of penance and most of all a day of prayer. For on this day we mark the death of Our Lord. It is a day of strangely mixed emotions for us Christians.
This is the cross. This is Good Friday. It is not the ceremony of funeral rites but we celebrate the “Glory of the Cross”. This is salvation. Jesus is died. "Father, into you hands I commend my spirit and it is finished." The Church is in silence. The seed is in the ground and our heart is in silence until it sprouts and breaks through from the tomb. The presence of God in Jesus has disappeared. Nothing is left. It is accomplished.
We can only kneel down and pray: Cross of Jesus, purify me.
Blood of Jesus, cleanse me.
Wounds of Jesus, heal me.
Mercy of Jesus, forgive me.

No comments: