Powered By Blogger

Wednesday 1 May 2013

Feast of St Peregrine


2nd May is a feast of St Peregrine. Peregrine was an Italian Catholic priest, born in 1260; died May 1, 1345. He is the patron saint for persons suffering from cancer, AIDS, or other illness. We shall pray for all cancer sufferers and the terminally ill. Through St Peregrine, he may obtain for them the strength to overcome trails with patience and deliver them from infirmities that afflict their bodies. Keep them in our prayers. 

A message to the sick: Cheer up friends, God is with you. You suffer, it is true. But He is near you. Trust in Him. If God let you suffer, it is because He sees something good in it which today you do not know. Your peace of mind is in your “TRUST in GOD” who can never let you down (Blessed John Paul II).

A Prayer to St. Peregrine for the One Suffering from Cancer:
Dear St. Peregrine, I need your help. I feel so uncertain of my life right now.This serious illness makes me long for a sign of God's love. Help me to imitate your enduring faith when you faced the ugliness of cancer and surgery. Allow me to trust the Lord the way you did in this moment of distress. I want to be cured, but right now I ask God for the strength to bear the cross in my life. I seek the power to proclaim God's presence in my life despite the hardship, anguish and fear I now experience.

O Glorious St. Peregrine, be an inspiration to me and petitioner of those needed
graces from our loving Father. Amen.




No comments: