Powered By Blogger

Wednesday 27 February 2013

Hand Written Letters and Thank You Notes




Over the last few years, hand-written letters and thank you notes are no longer popular among our people. I still treasure and keep many hand-written thank you or greeting notes and letters in my boxes which I received from people that I know or respected. Presently, we do receive greetings or notes via ‘sms’ or e-mails but I think it's not enough. These messages and greetings often get deleted but these hand written letters and notes are usually kept and treasured. And for those of us who are sentimental, from time to time we like to take them out and read them again as they often bring back fond memories of people we have met and the friendship that we share. Hand written letters and thank you notes are something simple, has a powerful impact and is personalised. It doesn’t cost a lot of money to send a personally written thank you note or letter. Sad to say that in this digital age and with different types of social media available people are beginning to lose touch with the art of letter writing by hand or of sending personal handwritten notes, no one bothers to actually sit and take the time to write something by hand. Even greetings are often copied from the website and nothing is original. This is my opinion. What is yours? I would love to hear your feedback.



No comments: