Powered By Blogger

Saturday 18 May 2019

A NEW COMMANDMENT OF LOVE

Jesus says: “I give you a new commandment: Love one another;you must love one another just as I have loved you,” (John 13: 34).

What is “new” in Jesus’ teaching is that now God’s people are to love others as Jesus loved us and to lay down one’s life o and self-emptying for the sake of others. The presence of this love in us leads us - our willingness to serve others as Jesus served us.
Love starts at home but it should reach to the farthest ends of the world. If we are not really loving those who are close to us, then we are not really loving others.
Our love cannot remain at home. We need to find a way how to reach out to others who need the love that we can give. We give our service so that others may live with some sense of dignity.
Love takes time and we cannot be hurry to bring love for others and to bring real delight to others. 

“I will praise your name forever, my King and my God.” (Ps 145).


No comments: