Powered By Blogger

Saturday 12 September 2015

Who Do You Say I Am?

In Mark's Gospel (MK 8: 27 - 35), it is a gradual revelation or unveiling of the Person of Jesus and his mission.

“Who do you say that I am?” Who is Jesus Christ? Who is this Person of Jesus? Peter, spokesperson for the apostles, gives the pointed and correct answer: “You are the Messiah," (MK 27 -30).
Now, the second half of this Gospel today (MK 31 - 35), it has to do with the practical things. Christ speaks about suffering, rejection and death, after three day rise again!

Faith is seen as a protection against evil or suffering. People who have faith aren't supposed to have hard times or hard lives although they do. And, if we truly made a choice to follow Jesus Christ, there will be many trials. We must make a choice to do good and to put outside many evils and courageously say, "Get behind me, Satan!"

The Lord is teaching us a real life and the real life is really tough and suffering is part of it. He never explains why we have to suffer but He does give meaning and value and show us the proper way of approaching to suffering, rejection and death.


Jesus kept walking into our lives and encourages and affirms us, “He has kept my soul from death, my eyes from tears and my feet from stumbling and I will walk in the presence...” (Psalms 114)

No comments: