Powered By Blogger

Monday 12 September 2011

Weekend in Hyderabad

On 2nd September, my classmates and I left to Hyderabad for a weekend break. Hyderabad is the capital of the state of Andhra Pradesh. It took almost 12 hours journey by bus. It was the first time that I’ve travelled by for such long hours in a bus. It was also the first time that I went out of Pune ever since I came to India.

We stayed at the Church of St Francis de Sales. Our first trip was to visit the Catholic Missionary School runs by the Congregation of Missionary of St Francis de Sales (MSFS). Fr Joy, msfs, is the principal of the school and Fr Rayappa is the procurator. They took us around to the Nursery and Kindergarten classrooms.

The Catholic Missionary School


Celebrating Mass in Hyderabad


The Grotto of Our Lady


After that we proceeded to the Ramoji Film City – which has been certified by the Guinness Book of Records as the world’s largest film studio complex.


The huge complex consists of 1,666 acres with 47 sound stages. Any normal tour in this film city will at least take a day but we left within 2 hours due to the hot sun.

All pictures below are within the studio location itself:


I was really fascinated with this complex and I had a better picture in my mind on how the film industries produce movies.

Then we left to the old city of Hyderabad to visit Charminar (Menara) which was built in the 1591 and the old university.

Osmania University Hyderabad


Hyderabad is well known with its Biryani. During my two days stay there I had the Hyderabadi Chicken Biryani twice. It was really spicy but I enjoyed it. It is entirely different than what I have eaten in the past especially in Malaysia.


The worse part of my trip was the 15-hour return journey to Pune in a non-air conditioned bus. It was a killer!

5 comments:

Julie Lim said...

Travelling 15 hours in a non-air con bus must be penance of the highest order.

mitchell said...

hehe....nothing like the Wira 126....still not used to the clean shaven Fr Jorge...

Samantha said...

Hahahahaa...enjoy first, suffer later! The briyani looks so yummy!

mitchell said...

Fr,
you pratising the new order of the mass, ah, there?? Gonna start at the begining of Advent...dengar-dengar priest must chant the whole mass xceprt for the homily...better start taking singing classes there too...hehe

annathong said...

Fr Jorge, u r looking good! u look younger & more vibrant! this reminds me of the time u were in Kuantan. there were the times with no worries, not much responsibilities, jumping here& there, disturbing parishioners everywhere... having jolly good of time... he he he. enjoy ur honeymoon now! Parish life? u will have ur whole life for it after u graduate!!
hey, since when u r eating chicken?
have fun! bless u