Powered By Blogger

Thursday 27 August 2015

Our Lady of Lourdes Grotto


Ever since I started my ministry in your parish I  noticed that not many of you really look or stop by the grotto of Our Lady of Lourdes which is facing the Convent and Tamil schools. However I have seen many Hindu  devotees who pass the grotto, taking the trouble to stop and pray to Our Lady. Some of them even come closer to the grotto and light  candles and place garlands around the fence. That is why I have asked the liturgical coordinating team to coordinate a Rosary  recitation on Sundays at the 7am and 9 am Masses. Every  Saturday at 7.00 am about 10 men and women  come together to pray the Rosary at the grotto.

Just to let you know, that with the help of Karijo and Protus ( our  general workers) the grotto area has been cleaned up and Railway sleepers (pieces of wood) placed as a walk path from the bell tower to the grotto. The reason I chose the railway sleepers is basically  because Sentul is known historically as a railway town complete with railway tracks and railway workers in the early 1900s. We also have plans to do some works within the sanctuary of the grotto and some landscaping around grotto.

I would like to encourage everyone to take this opportunity to frequently visit our Lady at our very own SJC grotto. You may light candles at the  appropriate place allocated for this and say a little prayer asking our Blessed Mother to intercede and pray for you. If you happen to be at the grotto just look at our Lady and you will notice her smiling face. If you don’t   believe me, just take a closer look at her. I have seen her  smiling face and I am sure you will see what I have seen.

Parishioners of the Church of the Risen Christ, please note that the statue of Our Lady at your grotto has been sent for  repainting and will be returned soon.

This coming Monday, 8th September, 2014, we shall be celebrating our Lady’s birthday at our SJC grotto. We shall have the recitation of the Rosary and Mass at the grotto. Do join us and we shall make Mother Mary’s birthday a special one.

No comments: