Powered By Blogger

Saturday 4 July 2020

MY YOKE IS EASY, MY BURDEN LIGHT

Jesus says in the Gospel, “Come to me, all you who labour and are burdened, and I will give you rest. Shoulder my yoke and learn from me, for I am gentle and humble in heart…” (Matthew 11:28-30).

We face a lot of pain, sufferings, loneliness, depression and find meaningless in life. We are carrying many types of burdens and living with many unbearable yokes in life. We are tired and weighed down with many yokes and burdens and we find so hard to get rid of them from our lives. 

We just need to hold on to our own yoke and burden as Jesus says, “My yoke is easy, and my burden light.” When we learn to place our yoke on Jesus, our stress and tension will be released and we will be alive. our mind and body, spirit and soul will find at peace.

We need to learn from Jesus how He was gentle and humble in heart. A gentle person is someone who treats others in a more loving, kind and gentle way so that others won’t get hurts. Jesus treated everyone equally, justly, politely and compassionately and He forgave them. We need to be like Jesus to be gentle and humble towards one another.

“I will bless your name for ever, O God my King.” (Ps 145)

No comments: