Powered By Blogger

Sunday 18 September 2016

The Rich Man and Steward

In the gospel (LK 16: 1-13), the main character is the steward and not the rich man. The steward acted shrewdly and smartly. Jesus does not ask us to be dishonest but He wants us to be shrewd, discerning and focusing on the road to salvation.
Jesus teaches the wrong attitudes about wealth and how are we dealing with what He has given to us.
I am accountable to God because everything that I have today is a God’s gift and I don’t own anything. Every good and perfect gift comes from God. He is the Owner. Your very breath is a gift from God. Your ability to walk and work is a gift from God. Every gift you have, He gave it to you. Every possession you have, He gave it to you. He is the Owner.
Everything that I have, my health, my life, my possessions, my family is not mine, but God owns it, I manage it.
Lives are destroyed over money or property issues. How do we use money? And how is it money uses us? How do we use our wealth?

No comments: