Powered By Blogger

Tuesday 25 March 2014

Here, I am Lord!

Today we celebrate the beginning of our salvation in the Annunciation of the Lord. 

The story of the Annunciation in today's Gospel reading (Lk 1:26-39) reminds us that God’s plan for the salvation of the human race is His own initiative. He sends His Son into the world at a precise time and in a precise place. He prepares Mary beforehand with everything to fulfill Her mission as Mother of the Redeemer – a mission that she accepts in freedom and through faith. 

One of the constant refrains of the Gospel is: “Do not be afraid.” When the Lord draws near, our natural tendency is to be afraid. We can be afraid of His presence. We can be afraid of what He might ask of us. We can be afraid of our own limitations in the face of the call to true conversion and holiness of life. We can be afraid of the apparent obstacles along the path of Christian discipleship. 

Like Mary, we need to overcome our fear by embracing 
God’s will with faith, freedom and love. As our confidence and trust in God increases, our fear decreases. As our love increases, our fear disappears. 

Of what am I afraid in my relationship with the Lord? 
Am I surrendering my fear by giving myself in faith?

"Here, I am Lord, I come to do Your will."


No comments: