Powered By Blogger

Sunday 1 December 2013

What is to Come?

We have begun the season of Advent. The word "advent" comes from the Latin "adventus" meaning, "to come." The stories of Advent are stories of thrilling expectation, stories of hope and stories of joy. 

On this First Sunday of Advent we are reminded that we should not spend all our time waiting and doing nothing. The best way to live each day is to live it as if it were our last day. That means having a serious prayer life and acting with a deep spirit of charity during the Advent.

Lord, I want to prepare myself well this Advent for your arrival at Christmas, so that I can offer you a fitting birthday gift. Help me to live each day to the full in order to grow in holiness and to keep my gaze fixed on the things of heaven.



No comments: