Powered By Blogger

Tuesday 10 December 2013

Advent is the Time to Make Room for Christ

"Prepare a way for the Lord, make his paths straight,” (Luke 3:4).

The real sign of Christmas is the coming of Christ as a gift to our homes and our hearts. It is a real sign of Christ presence, and we tend to forget easily.

Before all the excitement in this Christmas, today we need to stop and think about “What I need to change in my life?”  In our own life there are many things that we need to straighten out. Our resentment till now has never resolved.  How about our patience and tolerance with one another? What obstacle can I remove to prepare a way for the Lord? How often we look at our lives and our situations - and say “Lord I need help.” 

We must not forget that this Advent is a time to make room for Christ to enter into our heart. We need him to be a real part of our lives. We have to let go of the old way of thinking and acting and put on Christ in a real and visible way.
Peace is the theme of the Second Sunday of Advent. Whatever separates us from God's peace, whatever makes us restful relationship with God and with one another, we must get rid of it today. May Christ equip and prepare us for this advent in true peace!






1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Dear Fr,
Only today did I stumble upon your blog. And I never knew you had one! Your posts are simple and direct and clear. Keep up the good work, Fr.

I've been a Catholic for more than 40 years but only this year have I begun to understand what Advent truly means - about Jesus in my heart.

Which is what you have posted.

God bless you, Fr.