Powered By Blogger

Saturday 21 April 2018

JESUS IS OUR TENDER SHEPHERD

“I am the good shepherd; I know my own sheep, and they know me, just as my Father knows me and I know the Father. So I sacrifice my life for the sheep,” (John 10:14-15)

Throughout the Scriptures God’s people, are referred to as sheep. Sheep need a good and committed shepherd who will lead, guide, protect, provide and care for them in order to survive and thrive in life.
Sheep have a tendency to wander aimlessly, and once they are lost, that’s it. The Shepherd protects and saves them. Shepherding sheep is a difficult task. The shepherd’s job is to stay close to the sheep, protect them from wild animals and keep them from wandering off. Jesus, our Good Shepherd defends us from enemies and He saves us completely and preserves to the end.

Jesus is our Good Shepherd and He guarantees that we will live with Him forever!


The Church has also designated this Sunday as World Day of Prayer for Vocations to the priesthood and religious life. So we pray today in a special way that God will call many more young people to the great adventure of being shepherds for his flock.

No comments: