Powered By Blogger

Tuesday 16 April 2013

Dealing With Distractions


It’s been a few weeks since I've written or posted anything on my blog. I have not dedicated and disciplined my needed time to reading and writing due to many other commitments. I need FOCUSED time to do reading and writing. It is easy for us to get distracted and to procrastinate on our tasks. We have so much great work to do every day. In fact, the external forces will place many hindrances and distractions in our way. Some of the distractions may even be a good thing. Let Nehemiah’s words be our words when distractions and hindrances pull us away from our daily responsibilities and commitments. “I am doing a great work and I cannot come down. Why should the work stop while I leave it and come down to you?” (Nehemiah 6: 2-4 – Dealing with distractions).
 
 
 The most basic content, the book of Nehemiah is an account of the rebuilding of the walls of Jerusalem, the dwelling place of God in the Old Testament and the center of life for Israel. Nehemiah is a man who desired to know the plans of the Lord and act upon them; proving himself faithful even during the most trying of times. He teaches us that as individual followers of Christ and as the church collectively, if we keep our hearts and minds fixed on God and yielded to His will, we will experience success with God and will develop a strong and steady faith even amid constant opposition.
 






 

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yes, Fr. it is so true in the reading of Neh. 6:2-4. I believe that God has His plans and purposes when He makes us encounter trials ans tribulations. These will make us go to Him and become more closer to Him. He makes us strong to face even more difficult sufferings. But humans as we are, it is during these times that we seek His help. Then we come back to our comfort zone, once everything is ok and take Him for granted because He is a GOOD God!

AnaJ said...

Thank you Fr George, I have to read this book to acquaint myself regarding focusing on God in the midst of distractions