Powered By Blogger

Saturday 10 June 2017

MAY WE BE ONE AS WE JOURNEY AS A PARISH

We have concluded the Easter season last weekend with the feast of the Pentecost. Our Easter spiritual experiences and the Pentecost celebration have made us as disciples of hope and a new people filled with the Holy Spirit. As we continue our journey “Towards Strengthening Our Faith Community” with a new heart we are constantly reminded to live the gospel values of mercy and love, justice and peace.
We have completed half a year of 2017. We shall be journeying for the next six months in the Ordinary Week of the liturgical calendar till we reach the season of Advent in early December. I have completed three years journey in this parish of St Joseph Sentul. I guess I have another three years ahead to accomplish my mission here in this parish.
My three years journey with you my dear parishioners were rough and tough, steep and winding. Frankly speaking, I enjoy ministering here. In doing and being with you in this parish I have learnt much about myself as an individual and as a priest and I am still learning. In these past three years, I admit that there are some areas I still find hard to minister and collaborate especially with our parish youth. I find myself often ‘nagging’ the young people. I know I am sent here for a reason and I hope you appreciate me.

In the coming years, we will see some of you finishing your catechism. Some of you may move into institutes of higher learning, some may be getting married, having kids, getting big jobs, and whatever it may be. The truth is that we all grow with different interests and goals in life. At the end, you are responsible for your own happiness. If you have an interest in something for our ministry, go after it. Time will fly when we are having fun and be actively involved in the parish activities. That is how our time should be in the Church.
Last Wednesday 7th June, we formed and commissioned the new BECCOT team under the leadership of Mary Bernadette Peters. She and her team have taken their commitment of being the core-team of BECCOT in front of the rest of BEC coordinators for the next three years. They have agreed to give their time and cooperation in assisting and fulfilling the initiatives, which our parish undertakes. We are also grateful to the outgoing BECCOT Chairman, Joe Fernando and his team who made many events and activities into a reality and success. Joe Fernando will take on the leadership of the Parish Fund-Raising Committee soon. On behalf of the Parishioners and BEC coordinators, I humbly request the outgoing BECCOT Core-Team to continue to stay with our parish and to be continuously involved in various activities to fulfill our parish mission and vision. For the New BECCOT Team, we hope that you may prayerfully, reflectively and effectively channel your talents and the gospel values in our 34 BECs and parish at large.

We shall continue to walk and work together and be always on the move in assisting one another in our BECs. It is in progressing forward that we will receive the fulfillment of God’s promises in our life. My wish for everyone is that  “Forgetting what is behind and straining toward what is ahead, and press on toward the goal…” (Phil 3: 13-14).

No comments: