Powered By Blogger

Saturday 23 August 2014

Do I Help Build My Church?

“Where is the Church”? Of course I know that my Church is right here around me, still on the same street. That is not what I am asking though; I want to know where the Church that was founded in Matt. 16:18, “You are Peter and on this rock I build My community/My Church, and the gates of underworld can never empower you.” Jesus chooses Peter to be the rock foundation, the head of His Church. This passage is crucial for a proper understanding of what the Church is, and our role in the Church.

The Church is founded on the truth that Jesus Christ is the Son of the living God and that He forgives our sins and He is the Savior of the world. Without Christ we have no power, no authority and no strength in building the Church.
Going to Church is very important. In fact, if you have no faith in coming to Church, we, priests have no one to celebrate and preach to.
Do I help build my Church?
Jesus did not entrust Peter and His successors alone the responsibility to build His Church. But everyone has a role in building the Church. The Priest cannot run the Church on his own or on one “Our Father” and three “Hail Marys”. 
We need you in building the Church. All God’s people have been called together as co-workers in His vineyard. But we do not own the Church. We belong to the church. The owner of the Church is Christ.
The question we could ask ourselves today is: “How is God using me to build up His Church? Am I letting God use me?” He needs to know from us today!






No comments: