Powered By Blogger

Friday 1 July 2011

A World at Prayer for Priests

I totally forgot about this feast of the Sacred Heart of Jesus and A World day for priests today. One sms came from Malaysia wishing me about the feast at about 5.45 am (Indian time and 8.15 am Malaysian time) and then only I remembered about the feast. I woke up and went for Mass at 7 am. I remembered that this is one of the great feasts that I used to celebrate in Majorie Estate chapel at Rantau (30 kms from Seremban town).

Today is their 1st day of Novena. Every year we expect around 700 people to come for the celebration. At one time that estate was 100% Catholic residents and now many have shifted. For this year I have made arrangement with Fr Cyril Manayaggam from Melaka to celebrate the 3 days novena feast there. I already prepared the programme and theme for this feast before I left for my studies.

Reciting the Novena as a community


On this day and at this moment I ask for the grace to say “Yes” to the Lord at each moment of my priestly life. Each morning during my morning Mass and each night before I go to bed, I continue to say “Yes – To Live A Life Love” to my priesthood. I pray that I keep my promises alive always.

When I encounter my daily struggle and trials especially with my studies at during this present time, I sometimes feel that I am always surrounded by problems that tend to drag on in my life. It always happens in our spiritual life too. We try to juggle around with a lot of words and thoughts till we find a lack of clarity and direction. What we really need is just one idea, one word, one sentiment - “yes” to the will of God. Of course, it is the word which is easy to say but is tough to fulfil in everyone’s life especially for us priest.

I pray hard to fulfil it daily to say yes to the Lord as Jesus says in today’s gospel “Yes, my yoke is easy and my burden light,” (MT 11: 30). In Jesus we learn to say yes who is present always and giving Himself again and again through His Body and Blood. A heart that always says “yes” is a heart that loves.


I pray for our priests in Peninsular Malaysia particularly in our Archdiocese of Kuala Lumpur that we always say “yes” to His will at each moment of our lives.

3 comments:

mitchell said...

happy to note, Fr, that you are finding this period of study to further reaffirm your "calling". You have always been a spritual source of inspiration to us and we pray that upon your return you will continue to be a light in the darkness.
btw, we have sent a rep to monitor you(hehe), Christine, our organist is on a 2 month field trip and will be contacting you for assistance.
God Bless

SarahAnne said...

Hi Fr, how r you. We are glad in touch with u. True, it was a very wonderful feast. In fact whoever joined in that celebrations were enjoyed & felt the Sacred Heart presence. So sad & sigh b’cos there is NO PROCESSION for this year Fr. Anyhow Fr Cyril homily was good enough. U take care Fr, we still & always remember you in our daily prayers.
" HAPPY BIRTHDAY ".... " HAPPY BIRTHDAY ".... " HAPPY BIRTHDAY ". From all missing hearts 143

Brennan said...

Dear Fr. Of course, I remember you birthday... though a bit late, I did not know which no to text. Anyways, I am glad that you are doing well there and happy to hear that you are communicating in English too.

You take good care of yourself. Will keep reading your adventures there in Pune. :)

Only me,
Brennan